Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Count Me Inspired

Hello,

This post is all about the Count Me Inspired Retreat held this past weekend in Shipshewana, Indiana

Cathy set up shop


Big room with lots of lighting,





Hi Barb, this was my table with some very lovely ladies, it's always so nice to see them all again

My purchase... The Threads, apple cider and shaker white are for the ornaments from Summer House, Nordic Yuletide. I love the frame for Last Stitch Cemetery.
I plan not to stitch the border or the bottom portion of The Ghoultide Welcome, I love that scene.



The next purchase shown is from House of Stitches in La Porte, Indiana on the way to the retreat, always a must stop


The linen is tarnished silver, its for Halloween Resurrection by Lone Elm Lane and will fit in a 8" round shaker box. And a few threads that I needed and kitted already.

That reminds me.... We stop at a couple antique/ junk store down the road every year. I found these.... an 8" box for 1/2 off at 6.00.


I know the square box isn't too charming, right now, but it will be. For 4.00 I can recycle that in no time


Oh! And these scissors were 2.00



I stitched a little here and a little there on these three things


Christmas Angels by Birds of a Feather, Casting a Spell by Homespun Elegance and finished Things That Go Bump in the Night by Angel Stitchin, found in the 2014 JCS Halloween issue. I stitched it with the DMC glow in the dark thread, spoooooky!!! I'll most likely make it into a flat fold easel.

Ugh! Since I had a really long pictureful post and lost some, I will have a part two with what we received and my exchange piece and whatever I forgot in this post.

Be back soon....

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Fantastic post! I'm so glad you are sharing your weekend with us -- I always love to live vicariously at a retreat. lol!

cucki said...

Wow such fun post
I love it so much
Thank you for sharing dear x

Barb said...

What a great post! You gave me a great idea about the Ghoultide Chart. I didn't want to put the bottom in so I will get that chart and skip the words. I totally agree, the scene is delightful! You did very well with your antique stop. I especially love that shaker box, what a deal.

Phyllis said...

Such a fun time! Love reading about your adventures. I'd like to visit that shop and attend that retreat sometime.

Melody said...

It looks like you had a great time! So much fun to see what happens at a retreat. I need to go to House of Stitches in LaPorte I think. I've not been, and have read that so many of you think it's a great shop.

Julie said...

Looks like a fun time.
Lots of lovely things you came home with.

woolwoman said...

It was great to see and hear a report from Cathy's retreat - it's on my dream list of things to do. Love your stash enhancement and the finds at the antique stores - Awesome! Blogger trips me up all the time now - it's so annoying so I get what you are saying - can't wait to see the part 2 of your retreat. Love you WIP's too - Cheers Mel

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Count me inspired too!!!
What a wonderful way to spend the weekend and at one of my favorite places in Indiana!
Awesome patterns and kits you got ~ Miss Halloween Queen!!!
Lovely stitchin' too!
Oh my gosh and you found some awesome treasures to boot ~ love those scissors!!!
TFS
Prim Blessings
Robin
Looking forward to your next post!

Hazel said...

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing your lovely weekend with us all. x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Looks like a great weekend. I am so envious of you Americans, you seem to have the best retreats!
Love your stash enhancements too.

stitcherw said...

The retreat looks like such fun, that really isn't to far from where I am, maybe one year I could make it. Lovely stash, I so love Halloween designs. Can't wait to see them turn into WIP's so I can watch your progress :)