Monday, June 25, 2012

Tree of Life Samplings retreat

Hi! I'm back...
The retreat was held in Terre Haute, Indiana
I'll let most of the photo's do the talking





This is the table of smalls for the exchange




I made a patriotic finish
I believe it was a freebie from Blue Ribbon Designs





and a Prairie Schooler Christmas ornament




Up close of all the smalls













Here are the models of Jan's, the designer




























For the exchange I won one of Robin's small from Virginia





Candace from Tennesse and I won each others smalls




Cathy_B from Minnesota won my PS small





Anna from Wisconsin and her small,


BTW she drove to my house and we went together to the retreat




I won this very cool Ottlite for a door prize, I found a key, yay for me


We pre-stitched three things before the retreat, here are two I put together, I still have the needlebook to sew, on my machine







Peggy_Lee from kentucky bought a grab bag





Karin from Illinois won a door prize of Victorian Motto's finishing trims










Jan and I


Here is most of the group, I think there is 8 missing



That's it!!!


I do have a few more pics of stash and the retreat chart kit that we received.


You can visit any of the high-lighted names to see if they have more photo's and/or stories


It was so much fun to hang out with the stitchers I knew and the new ones I met. What could be better?!


I was so inspired when we went to Jan's house one afternoon, her walls are all so gorgeous with all the stitching. I don't have any snaps, I forgot my camera, you might just catch some on someone elses blog out there.




Have a great work week

34 comments:

Beth said...

Oh that looks like so muc fun - stitching and sharing time with other stitchers. So cool to have so many models to look at as well.

Margaret said...

Great pictures! I enjoyed seeing the retreat!

Bianca said...

The retreat looks like so much fun. It's definitely something I hope to be able to do one day. Thanks for sharing all of your pics. It was a real treat to look through them.

Lelia said...

looks like fun - thx for sharing

Karin said...

OMG....my face in the group picture....some of us were supposed to put up a goofy face....guess I am the only one :-)

Love the recap of the weekend!

Cathy B said...

I'm so glad that I received your ornament Ranae! Was great meeting you at the retreat!

Karyn said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!
I love your pics...glad that you had such a great time, and thanks for sharing with your friends, Ranae :)
Hugs
Ma

Catherine said...

How fun!! Wish I could have been there!!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful time.
So many beautiful finishes!!!
Congrats on all the wonderful goodies you won!!!
So nice to meet friends old and new!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Lesleyanne said...

Great photos. Looks like you had a great time.

Julie said...

So many stitchers in one room together having a fun time, sounds perfect to me.
Congrats on the door prize, thats a useful thing to win.
Beautfiul stitching of the smalls by the ladies, its always nice to exchange a gift or two between stitching friends.

Shari said...

looks like a wonderful time....love all the smalls...wow, great gift you won! One of these days, I would love to get to that retreat....Terre Haute isn't THAT FAR for me! (less than 4 hours)

Giovanna said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely pics - looks like you all had great fun!

Chris said...

What an awesome weekend Ranae!!!

Shirlee said...

What a fun time! Thank you for sharing all the photos ... it was almost like being there : )

Lynn said...

Wow, what a fabulous retreat! You are so lucky to be able to participate in one of Jan's. I love the whole idea of the smalls exchange too. Thanks for sharing this with us!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Looks like everyone was having a good time. Congrats on your win! Love those smalls too!

BrendaS said...

Great pics Ranae! It was so nice to see you and Anna:))

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What great fun!

Deb said...

It looks like it was a great time Ranae. It's always fun to meet stitching friends and bloggers you've gotten to know.

Congrats on winning the Ott Light.

Anonymous said...

It was really an enjoyable weekend! And it was truly nice to meet you!

Robin in Virginia

Alissa said...

Inspirational pics. Thanks for sharing!

SoCal Debbie said...

It looks like everyone had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing so many great photos!

Kay said...

This looks like so much fun.

Carol said...

How nice that you got to connect with old friends and meet some new ones, Ranae :) That really looks like a good time was had by all!

dixiesamplar said...

Looks like a great was had by all...I am going to have to look into going to the next one Jan offers :o)

Shelleen said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun.

Mindi said...

Looks like the retreat was a lot of fun, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Annette said...

That looks like so much fun. what a wonderfull pictures.
You all must had a great time.
You have been a busy girl..
happy stitching

Brigitte said...

Thank you so much for sharing all these pictures, that gives me the feeling that I was there myself. Must have been a wonderful time. And besides that - I *love* Tree of Life Samplings designs.

Peggy Lee said...

Ranae...I am just now getting caught up enough to blog and find my new friends blogs. Great pictures!

It was SO great to meet you at the retreat. I had such a good time.

:o)

Dani - tkdchick said...

That looks like an awesome retreat and an awesome time!

Anne said...

Looks like it was a fabulous retreat!! Those smalls are lovely and so are the retreat pieces you stitched!!

Patti said...

Hi Ranae! Those are great pictures- fun!!! What a wonderful re-cap! And I had forgotten you won the OTT light- awesome! Hope all is well!