Friday, August 24, 2007

Rain, Rain go away....

Hello! I have a finish to report. I finally finished Wild Fairy Lights. I stitched it on 28ct Wichelt Babble Brook with GA Midnight. To give the inside of the wings a little sparkle I used Kreink blending filament 032.

I love stitching this design, now I have to finish the series, lol. If anyone is interested in trading charts, email me. I do keep all my BOAF though.

Wednesday, I was so excited to start a SAL with Lizzy and Sharon. We are stitching Salem Sisters by Plum Street Samplers. I am using the recommended fibers which are 36ct Autumn Gold and Crescent colors: Bramble bush, Black Coffee and Wisconsin Woods. The only progress I stitched was the pumpkin

So I might have a thread change, we will see. I did take a pic of the chart, but the glare from the cover was terrible, I will post a pic next time. Wednesday cant come fast enough :)

Oh yeah! I do have something kinda of funny to share with you. When I showed my DD and DH my finished Fairy. My DH was very serious when he saked me, " What is it a flying monkey?" Men!!!! My DD laughter forever and is still chuckling over it. It will always be a conversational piece. But come on a Flying Monkey?? And he also thought her bangs were horns. Do any of you have a hubby like mine? lol. Thats awhole other blog, lol. With that said I will leave you with a smile on your face. Thanks for all the kind comments and inspiration.

Have super great weekend!

Happy Stitching All.

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ranae that really did make me laugh out loud! I think your fairy looks great...not like a monkey with horns. That is too funny though. Men eh?!

Carla said...

lol I can't believe he said that!! haha
Beautiful finish Ranae...I like the sparkle in her wings

Dawn T. said...

LOL...yup I have one of them husbands:) It's beautiful! Great job.

Sue said...

Your finish is really pretty. Half the time I'm stitching my DH has no idea what it is I'm stitching ;)

Nancy in IL said...

Ranae, my first visit to your blog was delightful! And yeah, I have a husband like that, lol! Your fairy is amazing, and you did a great job with the Kreinik!

I'm already loving your SAL piece! That fabric is perfect, and now I'm going to have to see if I can find a pic of the chart. Love the pumpkin!

Hazel said...

Thats a lovely finish - well done. Feel free to join in my giveaway. xx

Aussie Stitcher said...

Flying Monkey, indeed. I have a hubby like that, his interest in my stitching is how much money I spend. Your finish is gorgeous regardless, great idea to use kreinik in the wings.

Joanne

Name: Vicki said...

Beautiful fairy! Flyin Monkey?!! That is really funny!! And I know several guys like that! Have a happy day!

Kathy said...

Men always have trouble figuring out what a stitched piece is. I know several men that cannot read the Hinzeit mini-block pieces where thee letters go up and down. It is a hoot as to how clueless they are.

Beatrice said...

Your finish is so nice!!!
The Krenik is a lovely touch. I love Bling.
What do they know anyway.

Dawn B. said...

Congrats on the finish. My BF's daughter would love this. Men are funny creatures yet to be figured out. LOL

Deb said...

Your finished fairy is so pretty! Love the wings. Men...UGH!! All that beautiful work and they can dash our spirits in one doofus minute of distraction from tv!! I'm sorry Ranae. Just chalk it up to a guy who's watched too many Wizard of Oz segments!! :o
Hugs,
Deb

stitcherw said...

Congrats on your finish, she's lovely. I really enjoyed your DH's comment too, my smile for the day.
Sue

Kathy A. said...

Men - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em but with comments like that you'd like to try! Beautiful finish. She is a lovely fairy.

Sally said...

Your fairy looks fantastic Ranae! Your DH's comment certainly made me giggle!

Your SAL piece looks good:)

Jamie said...

I love the fairy. Too funny about your DH!! Great finish.

Kajsa said...

Congratulations on the finish! It's beautiful!