Sunday, September 20, 2015

Birdy Stitching Roll and Houses

Happy Sunday! One and all

I stitched this up awhile ago, but just couldn't understand the instructions. So when Anna was down on Friday, we spent way too much time figuring it out. I love Lori's designs, not so much the instructions.

Birdy Stitching Roll Kit by La D Da

This is definitely not one of my favorites

Wayward on....
I joined a Facebook group called Alpha Trio SAL, the design from Sheepish Designs
You can now get the charts from Emli's, she has the rights to continue to sell them.
I had two of the three charts, so I am happy to have them all now 
I'm stitching them vertically on 40ct Maritime White linen. I haven't decided the on the threads quite yet. I'll do a floss toss tonight. We start, I believe Oct. 1st, so you still have time to gather your charts and fibers, come on, we will have a blast.

Now..for my framed Hawk Run Hollow Houses is framed...

Ahhhh, the glare, not happy, they are so much better in real life
I've had Villages framed for a couple years 
I used the same kind of frame, but in a different color
I am stitching Autumn, but not enough to show, maybe when my first block is done. 
Time to go out and mow
Tootles!!
 

13 comments:

Christine said...

The finishes are all beautiful!

Vickie said...

Houses is stunning!

krayolakris said...

I like your birdies, & of course HRH!

Shelly said...

HRH looks great and the stitching roll also. At least you can call it done!

Phyllis said...

More great stitching!

Barb said...

The Houses look so pretty in that frame. I'm impressed with all that stitching you did for those designs!! Plus the little roll looks great.

Marilyn said...

It turned out nice, despite your troubles.
Your Hawks Run pieces are beautiful.
Have fun with the Trio SAL!
Marilyn

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I love your birdie finish; I think it's adorable. I'm sorry you aren't happy with it but it turned out really great. It is not fun when finishing instructions aren't clear.
Love your HRH finish(es). They both look fantastic and there is so much stitching in each of them. Beautiful!
I have also joined the SAL but still have to get fibers. I hope I can get to it this week sometime. It's a fun sampler with great colors.

Robin said...

Your finishes look great. Isn't it fun to have a friend to work with while you do a finish? Helps with the reassurance that you are on the right track.

Brigitte said...

So great your HRH pieces. And the little stitching roll looks great, too.
If I were on FB I'd join the group stitching the Alpha Trio, it's a wonderful project.

Sally said...

I love your stitching roll. Sorry you weren't happy with it. There's nothing worse than unclear instructions.

Your HRH piece is perfect in that frame.

Looking forward to seeing your Alphas.

Julie said...

HRH looks stunning and what a different finish for your latest finish.
Love the new charts, going to be fun watching that grow.

Sheryl said...

Beautiful HRH finish, The stiching roll is lovely and useful too.