Sunday, September 13, 2015

Halloween Resurrection

Happy Sunday! 
I wanted to share, really fast this morning before I take out the door 

I finished stitching Halloween Resurrection by Lone Elm Lane
Stitched on 32ct Tarnished Silver linen with DMC and Weeks thread
I just love the skeleton boy and dog. It came out blurry, but will have a better photo with the finish.

Anna is coming down on Friday. She finished hers too and has her hoops glued, so we can mount the linen and fabric and put the hinge on for the lid. She was down a couple weeks ago and we stained our hoops with high gloss American Walnut. Feel free to join us, just shoot me an email

I made the same hooped box with Honeybee Hill by BBD in May 2014 and loved how it turned out and it was really really low cost, just some work. 

Some stitchers asked how I made the tart tin pincushion...
Here's my best shot
Depending how big the mount is, cut a circle of fabric bigger then the object
Hand stitch a gathering stitch around the fabric circle 1/4" from the outer edge on wrong side of fabric
Roll a ball of stuffing and place on wrong side fabric circle, pull the thread to gather tight around the stuffing, tie to secure then glue it in the tart tin. Sorry! I'm not very good at giving written instructions

I don't have enough time to draw a name for the stick pins, but I promise next post I will announce a winner or two :)

Happy Stitching!!!

11 comments:

Shelly said...

Your finish looks great! Looking forward to the finished product. If I can understand your directions for the tart pan pincushion, then you're doing pretty good!

Christine said...

Love the skeleton boy and dog as well ~ Can't wait to see this finished!

Margaret said...

Love that -- what a fun finish!

Barbara said...

Love the design you're going to put atop your hoop box. I gotta make one of them .... I love how they look.
Blessings

Justine said...

Lovely stitching and I think you chose the perfect fabrics! Can't wait to see it all finished. Great idea to work together on your finishes.

Brigitte said...

Such a beautiful finish.

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching!!!!

Bonnie Brown said...

That is going to look amazing when it is finished finished. Can't wait to see it!
Great stitching!

Barb said...

Another great Halloween finish Ranae!! Thanks so much for the inforamation.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It will be a beautiful finish!

woolwoman said...

love your stitched piece - can't wait to see it mounted - so fun ! Sorry I missed the Halloween pin draw - they are too cute ! Mel