Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Mustard Seed Manor

Happy Hump Day!!

I'm happy it's already Wednesday, yay, when it feels like Tuesday
I do hope everyone had a fun and safe long Labor Day weekend
We went out for a Harley ride to Wisconsin, as always, for a couple days, but it was almost too hot for the bike. I did get to a couple needle shops, I didn't buy much. They seemed not to have any of the newer stuff.

I have a finish I want to share 
Mustard Seed Manor Sewing Book by Stacy Nash Primitives
Stitched on 35ct 18th Century Rook W/Gentle Arts threads
Brown Check homespun, and wool

Let's try that again with no paw. 

I'm not sure if I have a photo bomber or she's my stitchy protector, she's a sweetie, she always has to be involved.
There was lots of hand stitching on this piece with the front linen piece, the inside black wool, the pocket, the pincushion and the binding, but well worth it.

I received this in the mail last Saturday 
Limited edition kit of Gobble Gobble by Brenda @ With Thy Needle & Thread
Unfortunately it's sold out
It's a very small piece, so I should have this done real soon

I received a call from Lynn's of Madison that my HRH Houses is ready to be picked up from framing. 
I know I waited along time to frame it. The frame matches my HRH Villages.

Happy Stitching!!

15 comments:

Tammy said...

That is absolutely beautiful!

Christine said...

Love your finish on the sewing book - beautiful job! And congrats on getting one of the turkey kits!

woolwoman said...

absolutely wonderful needlecase finish ! Love it ! glad you got the LE Gobble - I opted not to get it because I have given up 40ct. enjoy it ! Mel

Vickie said...

Mustard Seed Manor is so pretty.
So is your cat. :D

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Your work is amazing as usual!!!
What a fun kit to stitch up ~ looking forward to seeing it done!
Such a sweet stitcher protecter!!!
Many Blessings
Robin

Laura said...

Love your kitty companion!!!! Love your SN finish!!! and your upcoming turkey is going to be so great!!!

Barbara said...

Beautiful stitching book and can't wait to see the finished turkey.
Blessings

Barb said...

What a wonderful finish. I have seen that design and have always liked it. What a cute kitty!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

A beautiful finish,I love the colours.Your furry helper is so sweet:)

Mii Stitch said...

A super finish & great new project :)

Margaret said...

Love your finish! Beautiful! I'm envious that you got the turkey piece. I had to go out that morning so I missed it. :(

Annie said...

You did such a wonderful job on that sewing book! It's just perfect.

And aren't you lucky to be one of the elite to score a turkey! Have fun with it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful sewing book and a lovely photo bombing cat too!

Brigitte said...

Wonderful, your new sewing book. And so beautifully finished.

Julie said...

Stunning finish, your helper is gorgeous too.